Sunday, 8 June 2008

Goodbye Escallonia

The green thing (I hesitate to call it a plant) on the right is a large Escallonia whose only purpose seemed to be to get severely in the way if you were trying to use this path from the driveway onto the garden.



Half dead and empty inside, it wasn't even being used as a nesting site.

Removing it was fairly easy.



If we were going to the trouble of removing the roots it would take a little longer . . .



Unless I give it a second chance (well, some of it - the roots currently occupy an area over 1 metre square). Despite being cut back to within a few inches of the soil the plants are already regenerating and looking considerably better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}