Monday, 28 April 2008

Breakfast Visitors

The feeders visible from the kitchen window are usually very busy at breakfast time but this morning we had a new visitor.

First he/she investigated the slate table which has Soft-Billed Mix (for the blackbirds and robins). Obviously crushed oats, mealworms and sultanas are not to its liking.



A significant amount of agility and balance was needed to get a secure hold here but then one very happy Jackdaw had a good breakfast of peanuts. Normally the upright of the Shepherd's Crook is straight - the bird's weight pulled it over this far (it's not a wonky photo).



This is a bird with a seriously determined look on its face!





More regular visitors included this lady Blackbird who was busy filling her beak with sultanas and then flying into a pile of brush (something I saw a male Blackbird do many times yesterday, sultanas definitely seem the food of choice at present for the littlies that must be in a nest)



and this pretty little Goldfinch.



I *MUST* clean the kitchen windows ...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely birds Bilbo.

    Totally unconnected, I saw a quotation from Groucho Marx on a bookmark that made me think of you.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog it's too dark to read!"

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}