Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Another Day In Paradise

Just because I can't disturb brush piles in which the birds have nested doesn't mean I'm short of jobs to do in the garden. It doesn't feel much like gardening at present, I think Mrs Flummery got it right when she linked to this Diary and called it "Garden Reclamation".

Chainsaw, petrol, helmet, chain oil, isn't this what everyone gardens with?



A messy but satisfying afternoon clearing up various areas that had been left a complete mess!




This was an ankle-turning obstacle course that made getting to the squirrel feeder a tad difficult



A bit easier now:




Much of the debris I moved ended up here ... another bonfire ... eventually




This is as far as I got with the limb that fell yesterday. The branch that split has fallen onto and into the one beneath and now both are under tension. No way I am using the chainsaw at shoulder height on a tensioned limb when I am by myself - I may be moderately daft but I am not completely stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}