Saturday, 29 March 2008

Why Blog?

Hundreds of thousands of blogs with millions of posts every day. Why on earth create another one to add to the trillions of bits and bytes?

Self-discipline - plain and simple! Bag End will be the sixth garden I have created from scratch and sadly, very little remains as a record of any of the development of its predecessors. The idea has been stolen fair and square from Mrs Flummery who explained to me that the Vegetable Heaven blog existed mostly for her own record and that's when the lightbulb went on and I realised that the same approach would work for me.

With previous gardens I have always started with the best of intentions taking photos of the initial phases but those pictures languish on my hard drive doing very little but taking up space ... (the pond at our previous house is a perfect case in point!)





and as time goes by it is too easy to forget to take the next set, and the next, and then you're so far behind it seems hardly worthwhile trying to catch up. Fingers crossed that the discipline of putting Bag End into Blogland will encourage me to develop a complete record of how the garden changes and develops. Of course, there will be distractions on the way - a girl still has to make quilts and go fell walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}