Wednesday, 19 March 2008

Horticultural Vandalism

And then there was one ...


This truly feels like vandalism but if a weed is just a plant growing in the wrong place, what is a 15 year old tree that completely obscures the view? I guess we've all done it - planted a tree or shrub that seemed like a good idea at the time but 10 years on we become emotionally attached to the plant, it seems to "belong" where it is and we don't cut it down. Husband and I agreed that if we don't deal with these cherry trees very quickly then we too will become attached to them and it will be even harder to fell them. As I know I'll be replanting dozens of trees and shrubs over the next few years I feel a little less guilty.

On this beautiful sunny Spring afternoon I now have a previously unseen view to Skiddaw, Ullock Pike and Dodd ... what a privilege to look at this every day.


And all this without the chainsaw - I collected it yesterday from Keswick Garden Machinery but am going to be sensible (for once in my life) and wait until I've got some protective gloves and trousers before I use it. KGM didn't have anything small enough in stock but they're getting items in for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}